- The stone must be a natural formation.
- A maximum diameter of 3 inches is allowed.
- The stone must bounce at least 3 times.
- Each competitor gets 5 attempts.
- The stone that skims the furthest within its lane wins, regardless of the number of bounces.
Friday, 2 February 2007
Give anyone a stretch of water and a flat stone and they will do their best to send one skimming across the surface. There are few achievements greater than seeing your projectile bounce repeatedly along before plummeting to the depths to the sound of your cheers. Although most people skim stones for fun, there are some who do it for glory. The World Stone Skimming Championships arrange contestants in lanes and have certain rules regarding stones and throwing. These are: