Saturday 26 January 2008

Relaxing After A Hard Day's Work

You have been on manual labour mode all day. Perhaps you've been digging the garden, building a brick wall, doing some serious DIY or renovations. Whatever it is, you've been working bloody hard and at the end of they day you have five minutes to catch your breath. You sit down into a nice comfy armchair and close your eyes for a few seconds.

9 times out of 10 you will be fast asleep before you know it, but however you spend it this chill out time is some of the best there is. A rest is better when well-deserved.

7 comments:

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

I enjoy crusing in my chair like that better than a nights sleep in the bed. It's just blis!

Omega Mum said...

I just like to stay awake long enough to savour the moment. Somehow unconciousness never does it for me as far as gratitude goes, but I'm working on it. Clothespegs on eyes, small child beating head with Barbie - that should do it.

i beati said...

I'm a chair snoozer for sure !!

Jon M said...

Oooh yes, a stolen snooze at the end of the day! I'm all for that!

Anonymous said...

I love that moment when you think "I'll just rest my eyes for a few minutes" knowing full well that you're lying to yourself and you'l be out like a light. Bliss.

Anonymous said...

I need to get in Touch with Steve Stack with regards to a publisher in the UK called the Friday Project! My name is des and my email is dixieduggy@yahoo.co.uk

Motheratlarge said...

Ooh, yes, that is indeed a highlight. I use that feeling to push myself on to finish whatever I'm meant to be doing - so I can feel good afterwards, like you say.