Sunday 9 September 2007

Hotel Breakfasts

Not the room service ones, they cost more and you get a finite amount. I am talking about the breakfast buffets in the restaurant. Typically these comprise a range of fruit juices, yoghurt, cereals, muesli, fruit salad, croissants, Danish pastries, toast, cold cuts, bacon, sausages, beans, scrambled egg, hash browns, tomatoes, black pudding, mushrooms, tea or coffee. And here is the thing – you can eat as much as you want. Take a plate, fill it up, and go back time and time again. Go about the task properly and you won’t need to eat again for a week.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Jings but I Lurve hotel buffet breakfasts. In fact the only thing I miss about my last job is that I stayed in hotels a lot and could eat breakfasts. My only criticism is that the glasses for your juice are always too small so I would have to go back at least 3 times for juice. For me the success of the meeting/conference/whatever was measured by the quality and quantity of breakfast. And cakes. Cakes and coffee at breaktimes.
I'm going to have to go and have a biscuit right now.